Travelling on our buses? We'd love to hear your thoughts. Start Survey

Safety-Net Assistance

Eligibility and application for the Safety-Net Bus Travel Assistance

Safety-Net Eligibility

If students reside too close to their school to qualify for distance-based assistance, they may still be eligible for STAS assistance if they are listed as a dependent on the applicants:

  • Health Care Card issued by the Department of Human Services (or hold their own Health Care Card)
  • Pensioner Concession Card issued by the Department of Human Services or Department of Veterans’ Affairs
  • Or if they are under a Child Protection Order by Child Safety Services

Applications must be the name of the cardholder and require evidence of eligibility. The cardholder must also agree to data-matching being performed with the Department of Human Services.

Safety-Net Application Form

If you hold a concession card (Pension or Health Care Card) and are not eligible for Bus Travel Assistance (BTA) then you may be eligible for our $5 Weekly concession fare.

Eligible SafetyNet holders purchase a weekly ticket for $5 on either Monday or Tuesday. The ticket and bus pass must be shown each time a bus is boarded or a fare of $1.50 will be charged. Weekly tickets are not available for purchase after Tuesday and travel is charged at the zonal student fare.

Lost property?

Submit your details to our lost property form.